Aerodynamic Nose Cones are six aerodynamic parts used to reduce aerodynamic drag and for aesthetic purposes. Large nose cones function identically to small ones. The cone sizes are 4×4, 6×6 and 8×8 units. All cones have a slightly grey section on the top, and shading along their sides, but they can be removed with Skins.
Fuel Tanks adapt to Aerodynamic Nose Cones, and because of this, Aerodynamic Nose Cones are sometimes placed on larger, empty Fuel Tanks to make larger nose cones.
- The grey section on the cones is there for thermal protection of the cone and maximizing aerodynamic effectiveness.
- In the 1.2 update, all variants of the nose cones were unbreakable.
- Until 1.4, there used to be 2 variants of the slanted nose cone, one pointing right and the other left. After the 1.4 update, only one variant of the slanted nose cone remains, as the 'flip' feature/Symmetry Mode in Build Mode rendered having more than one type useless.
- Aerodynamics were disabled in 1.4, and nose cones are used for purely aesthetic purposes, but reenabled in 1.5.
- In 1.5, 6-wide slanted, 8-wide centered and 8-wide slanted nose cones were added.
- At and above 1.5, nose cones can be skinned.
- In 1.5, the shape of the 6×6 nose cones were changed to be the 4×4 ones scaled up.