Nose cones are six aerodynamic parts designed to increase the aerodynamics of rockets. Slanted variants, which form right-angled triangles, are available for all sizes.
Large nose cones function identically to small ones. The cone sizes are 4×4, 6×6 and 8×8 units. All cones have a slightly grey section on the top, and shading along their sides, but they can be removed with skins.
- In the 1.2 update, all variants of the nose cones were unbreakable.
- Until 1.4, there used to be 2 variants of the slanted nose cone, one pointing right and the other left. After the 1.4 update, only one variant of the slanted nose cone remains, as the 'flip' feature/Symmetry Mode in Build Mode rendered having more than one type useless.
- Aerodynamics were disabled/wonky in 1.4, and nose cones are used for purely aesthetic purposes, but reenabled in 1.5.
- In 1.5, 6-wide slanted, 8-wide centered and 8-wide slanted nose cones were added.
- At and above 1.5, nose cones can be skinned.
- In 1.5, the shape of the 6×6 nose cones were changed to be the 4×4 ones scaled up.
|Basics||Parachute • Capsule • Hawk Engine • Valiant Engine • Kolibri Engine • Fuel Tanks • Separator • Side Separator • Aerodynamic Nose Cone • Landing Leg|
|6 Wide||6 Wide Aerodynamic Nose Cone • Fuel Tanks • Titan Engine • Separator|
|8 Wide||8 Wide Aerodynamic Nose Cone • Fuel Tanks • Separator|
|10 Wide||Fuel Tanks • Separator|
|12 Wide||Fuel Tanks • Separator|
|Engines||Hawk Engine • Valiant Engine • Kolibri Engine • Titan Engine • Frontier Engine • RCS Thrusters • Ion Engine|
|Aerodynamic Parts||Parachute • Side Parachute • Aerodynamic Nose Cone • Aerodynamic Fuselage|
|Other||Docking Port • Landing Legs • Ion Engine • Probe • RCS Thrusters • Wheels • Solar Panel|
|Currently removed in Version 1.5|
|Battery • RTG|