Rover Wheels refers to two types of attachable wheels that can be used to move rovers around on planets and moons.
The two types of rover wheels mainly differ in size (2×2 and 3×3) and the maximum ground speed (6 m/s and 15 m/s).
Large Rover Wheels seem to be able to overlap with other parts, and full squares on their corners can be obstructed without them becoming unbuildable, but they will collide if not part of the same vehicle.
- One can make large rover wheels stick out slightly through fairings by placing the wheels right next to the sides of the fairing on the inside. Combined with the fairing attachment trick (mentioned in fairing page), allows the player to make landboats. The Unbreakable Parts cheat is recommended for this one since the fairing bumps into terrain a lot.
- Small rover wheels break when moving at high velocities downward.
- Although the game indicates that the maximum velocity of large rover wheels are 15 m/s, they can reach speeds of 17.9 m/s while going downhill in version 1.4.06.
- Prior to being patched in 1.35, rover wheels could work without capsules or probes. 1.35 also made them require electric power to work. The requirement was removed in 1.5 due to the electricity rework. For more detailed info look at Version History.
- Before 1.5, rover wheels used to consume energy (1 unit for small, 2 units for big).
|Basics||Parachute • Capsule • Hawk Engine • Valiant Engine • Kolibri Engine • Fuel Tanks • Separator • Side Separator • Aerodynamic Nose Cone • Landing Leg|
|6 Wide||6 Wide Aerodynamic Nose Cone • Fuel Tanks • Titan Engine • Separator|
|8 Wide||8 Wide Aerodynamic Nose Cone • Fuel Tanks • Separator|
|10 Wide||Fuel Tanks • Separator|
|12 Wide||Fuel Tanks • Separator|
|Engines||Hawk Engine • Valiant Engine • Kolibri Engine • Titan Engine • Frontier Engine • RCS Thrusters • Ion Engine|
|Aerodynamic Parts||Parachute • Side Parachute • Aerodynamic Nose Cone • Aerodynamic Fuselage|
|Other||Docking Port • Landing Legs • Ion Engine • Probe • RCS Thrusters • Rover Wheels • Solar Panel|
|Currently discontinued in Version 1.5|
|Battery • Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator|